CHINA INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION EXHIBITION TOUR (CIEET 2017)
Date: March 25 - April 9, 2017
Organizer: Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange
For any feedback or suggestion, please send it to: CIEET Organizing Committee
Approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education, CIEET has once again completed with its 22nd edition in the period of March 25th to April 9th in Beijing, Xi’an, Zhengzhou, Shanghai, Nanjing, Chongqing and Guangzhou. This report will summarize the highlighted information about the Show.
1) CIEET is approved by the Ministry of Education of China and organized by its subsidiary CSCSE. CIEET 2017 was held as its 22nd edition and has stood out from those satellite agency fairs and attracted the most audience and journalists.
2) Seven cities: This year, the Show has been organized in Seven cities received over 250 unique institutions and service providers from 29 countries and regions. This arrangement allowed some exhibitors to step on more student source or markets in China on one trip. This again made CIEET as one of the largest, the most influential and comprehensive education fair in China.
3) Seminars: Near 40 sessions of forums and seminars were hosted by the Organizers, the embassies and the governmental education sectors of different countries, and the education providers from around the world. The speakers of the forums included the major officials from the Ministry of Education of P.R. China and different countries. Their presentations and speeches delivered the first hand information to the audience and their presence made CIEET the most authoritative education fair in China.
4) Extensive media coverage: Like the previous editions of CIEET, over 200 media have reported the 22nd CIEET all around China including CCTV, BTV, Zhejiang Cable TV, Phoenix Satellite TV, Shanghai Oriental TV, Travel Satellite TV, major web portals, education magazines, newspapers...etc. The publicity for CIEET 2017 contributed significantly to the success of the 22nd CIEET. Moreover, over 2000 websites in China have reported our events as their important contents.
The Education channel in the most popular web portals such as Abroad.QQ.com, Goabroadsohu.com, edu.163.com, People’s Daily and other major media such as CRI Radio, Beijing Youth Daily, The Beijing News, Global Times, etc have created the special edition pages for CIEET 2017 to cover the full story of the event and the show’s links have been remained on their headline area for a period of over three weeks. The overall coverage is estimated to reach over a few millions of people who are interested in studying abroad. Some of these medias had also interviewed many important officials and exhibitors during the show and broadcast to the public in live.
5) Press Conferences: Press conferences have been held in the seven CIEET 2017 cities prior to each of the shows. All major medias were invited to the press conferences and it made the propagation of CIEET 2017 very effectively in each city. Special thanks to most of the pavilion organizers who have attended the press conferences with us and introduced to the medias with the highlights of their pavilions in CIEET.
6) Live interviews with embassy officials and exhibitors: We have utilized the most popular Chinese websites, Abroad.QQ.COM, goabroadsohu.com and edu.163.com. In their Education or Go Abroad Channels, we have invited the VIP’s from the 9 embassies and official organizations including CSCSE, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand and UK to conduct over 20 LIVE interview sessions to talk about the subjects of students’ best interests within the two weeks before the show began. These partner medias also conducted on site interviewing with a good number of exhibitors during the shows so that our shows has been broadcasted LIVE to the entire country.
7) National pavilions: This year we accommodated five national delegations in our show, namely the Canada, Italy, Malaysia, New Zealand（by Trade New Zealand) and the United Kingdom (by British Council).
8) Concurrently with CIEET 2017, the China Study Abroad Forum 2017 has been held successfully in Beijing to address the current key concerns of many education providers and foresee the trend in international education. Speakers of the Forum include officials from the Ministry of Education, foreign embassies and notable scholars.
Statistics of exhibitors of CIEET 2017 is as follows:
From 29 countries and regions: Australia, Canada, China, France, Georgia, Germany, Hong Kong(China), Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Latvia, Macao(China), Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA.
1. Total number of exhibitors: 250
- Returning exhibitors: 170 (68%)
- New exhibitors: 80 (32%)
Distribution of exhibitors:
The scale of audience was around 18.000 in total. Below is the number of visitors in each of the exhibiting city:
Below is the statistical information on the level of study the audience looked for:
Graduate studies: 31%
Undergraduate studies: 39%
High school studies: 12%
Language courses: 15%
Destination of study was also the question we asked the audience. Statistical information about the destination of study is as follows:
The Show has drawn media attention in local, country and even international level. Many exhibitors were interviewed by the Press during the Show and were published in all major newspapers, related websites, radio stations and TV channels.
Web & Media Supporters: ABROAD.QQ.COM, go.abroadsoho.com, edu.163.com, CCTV, BTV, www.eol.cn, Beijing Youth Daily, 21st Century, The Beijing News, XINHUA ABROAD, STUDYING ABROAD MAGAZINE, Morningpost.com.cn, Global Times, Studytv.cctv.com, FUTURE MAGAZINE; chinadaily.com.cn, Cankao Xiaoxi·Beijing Cankao, etc.
Backgroud of CIEET
Established in 1999, CIEET has been serving as an unique platform for the host (CSCSE), the education providers, the agents, the students and parents to meet face to face and allowing multi-directional information exchanging among every party. CIEET is one of the only two education exhibition tours approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education every year.
This year, the exhibitors covered a comprehensive spectrum of programs to our students ranging from language, high school, vocational education, further education, undergraduate, graduate programs, agents, financial & transportation & insurance service providers.
CIEET has continuously received tremendous support and endorsement by the Chinese Ministry of Education. Sharing the common goal between the Organizer and the Ministry to introduce quality education resources to Chinese students. The Ministry has been recognizing CIEET as one important channel to disseminate study abroad policies to the public. This makes CIEET more distinguish-able and an outstanding education fair.
Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange (“CSCSE”), being the Organizer of the event, has played an important role in bridging the Chinese and foreign education resources. CSCSE is committed to the promotion of mutual understanding in the area of education:
i) to foster the exchange and co-operation between higher education institutions and all related parties in order to protect and regulate the proper development of the overseas study market;
ii) to provide a platform to all parties providing the latest, most authoritative and direct information about studying abroad;
iii) to introduce the best foreign to our students in order to meet the needs of continuing our road of modernization;
iv) to strengthen bilateral exchange in order to facilitate the understanding of differences among foreign countries and education systems;
v) to bridge the gap between legal agents and overseas higher education institutions;
vi) to crystallize the spirit of government policies by promulgating official foreign higher education institutions through official websites of the Ministry for supervision and management for foreign education institutions: www.jsj.edu.cn and www.cscse.edu.cn;
vii) to create opportunities to make the government’s policies public in response to the opening up of our country. The dual role of the CSCSE has contributed significantly to the success of CIEET.
CIEET, as the largest exhibition fair in China, is still the major channel for the institutes and students / parents / local agents to meet and understand each other, which can not be replaced by any electronic or surface media.
While we are congratulating the success of the Show, admittedly there are certain aspects we can do better. The comments of exhibitors are essential to the improvement. We welcome all comments, positive or negative, from our exhibitors and we will do our best to exceed your expectations.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any comments on the Show or questions about the Report. We look forward to serving your institution soon.